Saturday, April 20, 2013

Breath Taken

It struck me like lightning and was louder than thunder,
sent shock more powerful than Earthquake's roar.
Swept me off my feet, she was stronger than a twister;
I've never felt this stolen before.

Cloaked in Mystery's concealing shadows,
yet your eyes stay so sharp and clear;
shinning so bright that it burns all sorrows;
I'm so mystified and captured - it breaks the fear.

You are the wings of my dreams,
the hope in the midst of my despair;
so in love with you, my dear, it seems
I doubt farewell will ever come cross my prayer.

It wasn't part of the plan, more unexpected than predicted;
to fall so deep for you, I didn't imagine this,
but I did hope for this - this, that you so forbid,
nevertheless I pushed through for, no less, your bliss.

If this is Love's unwanted love for you and me,
then I will wrong Love til love makes Love right,
for you who took my breath away so simply,
even if Destiny says us off, then Destiny I'll fight.

Even if you break my heart everyday,
everyday I'll come through to tell you I love you..
Even if Forever exists to hurt me as you push me away,
forever I'll stay and wait til you say "I love you too."

And if all this is not enough to get to you, I won't ask why..
then I'll turn my back so you won't see these tears,
I wiped blood off my chest, but I can't let you see me cry.
Because losing you is my only and greatest fear.

If only I could hold your hand and look you in the eye..
but I always get taken away by just seeing you near.
If only I had the courage to cover up with a lie..
but I always come true for you, I love you, my dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment